Copes Waste Solutions offers roll-off dumpster rentals for construction, demolition and household clean-ups. We service most communities in western Connecticut and provide next-day service. Our containers range in size from 8 to 30 cubic yards.
There are many local companies that offer roll-off service, but our customers keep coming back to us because of our great service.
- Same day, or next day, service on most orders.
- Courteous, friendly drivers
- Newest and cleanest equipment in the area
- Seven day container rental with longer periods negotiable
- Take delivery on Friday and keep the container for 2 weekends at no additional charge
- “Per-pull plus tonnage” pricing for contractors and big jobs
Call us at 860-274-1444 to discuss your needs and to arrange delivery.
There are a few simple tips you can follow to ensure you are renting the correct dumpster for the job. We are always available to work with you to make sure you get the right dumpster for your clean up.
1. Determine what type of material you are throwing away. Household junk, remodeling/construction debris, brush, concrete, etc?
- Household junk includes items like old furniture, toys, clothes, books, and appliances. Typically a dumpster between 8 and 20 cubic yards is used for clean ups like these.
- Construction/Remodeling debris is generated from projects like demolishing your old deck, putting new windows in, re-siding your house or putting on a new roof. These jobs tend to be heavy and often need a 20 or 30 cubic yard dumpster.
- Brush or yard debris refers to grass clippings, leaves, small branches, some dirt, and other green material. This type of debris can often be recycled and may not cost as much to get rid of.
- Concrete, asphalt, stone or dirt can also often be recycled at a separate facility and the dumpster rental may be much cheaper.
- Some items, such as refrigerators and mattresses, carry extra charges. Our staff will review the full list when you call to order so there are no surprises when you receive your bill.
Be sure to specify the type of material you are disposing of when you place your order to insure that you get the best price on your rental dumpster.
2. Try and estimate how much material you have to throw away so you choose the right dumpster size for your rental.
The last thing you want to do is spend too much money renting a 30 yard dumpster, when you only have 15 yards of material to dispose of. Our dumpster prices are based on historical averages of how much weight our customers put in their containers. We've been renting dumpsters for over 20 years and our prices cover the vast majority of scenarios - provided you get the correct size.
We are always happy to have customers visit our office and view the different size containers we offer and get a visual idea of what size dumpster they need. Feel free to stop by during our normal business hours.
3. When price shopping, compare apples to apples.
When you go over an allotted weight limit with a dumpster rental you are charged for the extra weight. One of the biggest tricks in the industry is to offer containers for a low price, but only include a small tonnage. The customer thinks they are getting a deal, but when they exceed the weight limit they get a bill that makes the rental cost much more than they expected. Here is a typical example of the pricing we see locally:
Copes 30 yard dumpster: $565 with 4 ton limit
"Company B" 30 yard dumpster: $450 with 2 ton limit and $85 per ton overage charge
We know from our experience that a full 30 yard container almost always weighs close to 4 tons. If you rent from Copes your total price for 4 tons will be $565. If you rent from Company B, once they add the overage charges for the extra 2 tons your total bill will be $620.
4. Location & Permits
You'll need to decide where you want the container and mark the spot so our driver knows where to place it. Pay attention to access to the site (can the truck get in?), elevation (the container should be on relatively flat ground), and surface conditions (a heavy container will damage a soft surface like a lawn). Our drivers are always happy to work with you when they arrive to make sure the site is suitable.
Most local towns & cities do not require permits for dumpster rental unless you want the container placed in the street or on public property. Check with your local government if this applies to your job.
5. Ask questions.
When in doubt, ask a question. Send us an email, give us a call at our office (860-274-1444), or stop by during our business hours. We have a lot of experience with all types of jobs and are always happy to talk through your specific scenario.